Why I became a copywriter
Hi, I’m Corinne and I’m a copywriter and content writer based in Sydney
I’ve been a copywriter and content writer at heart ever since I first held a pen in my hand and a writer professionally for more than 15 years.
Yes, it’s a cliche, but I truly come alive when I’m writing content for anything from websites to blogs to articles to newsletters to product descriptions. Deciding to become a copywriter was a no brainer for me.
The construction of sentences, grammar, spelling and punctuation are things that just clicked with me very early on. I can spot a missing apostrophe from a mile away and the ones that are there but shouldn’t be.
I love the nuances of language; the way one carefully placed word or comma can change the whole meaning of a sentence.
I am unashamedly a grammar geek and word nerd.
After working as an educational writer for years, and having written my fair share of marketing courses, I realised that it was a field I was really drawn to. It was only a matter of time until I changed allegiances and became a copywriter.
I can take my knowledge of marketing and my skills as a writer to form a perfect marriage.
I can write anything from very serious, formal content to more relaxed, conversational and creative content.
My copywriting is expressive.
My insightful nature means that I’m excellent at pinpointing what you want and need as far as copywriting services go.
I still love writing educational materials of all kinds. So, if you need course content, I’ve got your back.
Want to know more about me?
I get it, trust takes time. You need to know a bit more about me.
The Inside Scoop
- I’m no shrinking violet (nobody puts baby in the corner!), I have a wicked sense of humour and am just a little bit kooky.
- My life experience is diverse. I have worked as a check-out chick (back in the day we were called that), a pizza maker, an insurance broker, an English Teacher, an Instructional Designer (that means I’ve designed and written learning materials and training courses) and a copywriter.
- I’ve worked behind the scenes on some big brands for past employers, some might even say they’re finger licking good!
- I hated school and loved university. Now I’m a serious believer in education and you’ll often find me with my head down studying because I think life is all about lessons.
- I have a Degree in English and a Degree in Education both awarded with distinction (she boasts!)
- I won the Dean’s Medal in Academic excellence at university (she boasts a little more!)
- I’m afraid of spiders; pathologically an arachnophobe and they know it
- I love everything to do with building, interiors and the construction and trades industry (I even started a Facebook Group dedicated to the topic)
- I’ve written for builders, tradies, hotels, retail stores, educators, restaurants, magazines, remedial massage therapists, pilates instructors, businesses who sell to direct customers, businesses who sell to businesses and I can’t wait to expand the list
- I love Italian food.
- I like music more than TV.
- I live in Sydney, Australia – but we have an entire acre to ourselves (how lucky am I?).
- My favourite words are constantly changing, right now I’m loving -stellar, delectable, and transformational.
- If it’s black, I either want it or I already own it.
- My wedding photos are full of people doing a mean blue steel.
- A rebel in a past life I’m tame as a kitten these days.
- Others describe me as friendly, approachable, loyal and genuine.
What about you?